Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Monday, November 3, 2014

Brittany Maynard

Brittany Maynard's recent assisted suicide or if you like the term "death with dignity" better, has been a hot topic. A topic that puts Christians on edge. For good reason.

Not many are educated about chronic, incurable illnesses. I am. Therefore I know where I stood long before this happened. You do not, I stress, do not, have to have a chronic incurable illness or be terminal to have an opinion about this topic. Although it helps. I've heard many arguments that just fall flat as to why they support it but I am not here to attack or argue. Everyone has an opinion.

 Being a Christian is hard. There is a thin line between judging & holding people accountable. The truth hurts. If you aren't getting criticism then you aren't preaching the gospel.

Here is why I believe Brittany Maynard is not brave & why I do not agree with her choice. I have nothing against her. I don't even know her. And chances are most reading this don't either. Remember, I'm saying why she's not brave. I am not comparing illness severity although people in the chronic illness LOVE to throw out that card during a hot topic such as this.

Lamentations 31:33

"For The Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to His mercies."


Translation from another bible:

God puts limitations on your trials, dark moments and temptations. Whatever you're facing-whether it involves your HEALTH, relationships, finances, or whatever it might be-it will not go on forever. The Father is teaching you to TRUST Him and PERSEVERE. He seeks to make you COURAGEous, bold, trustworthy, faithful, diligent, and disciplined. These are God's purposes....but you must yield to him.




No comments:

Post a Comment