Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tubie Adventures!

As I've been adjusting to my feeding tube & nifty pump that I have to keep on me for 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, I've experienced a plethora of issues with my tube. I talked to several "tube" experts about the rainbow of colors that leaked out of my tube daily but they thought it was normal. So, I thought it was normal. 

Last night I went to a fellow IBDer's wedding. It was beautiful, elegant & simple. On the way home the pain around my tube kept growing and growing. By the time I got home, I took off the gauze around my tube only to discover yellow and green pus leaking out of my tube as well as a ulcer in the stoma. After 6 hours in the ER, I left with a script for antibiotics for my nasty tube infection and got home at around 3:30 this morning. My tube still hurts(duh)but I'm hoping antibiotics will clear up the source of my pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment