Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Another day in the hospital

Today I've been in & out of sleep all day. Going to sleep in the middle of conversations. And since they have me on high dose steroids I am so moody. I can not get off prednisone to save my life!


My potassium's really low from being dehydrated so we had to get that under control. So far I've had an abdominal ultrasound, flex sigmoidoscopy, as well as a pelvic ultrasound  since they're less invasive. 


The tests have showed so far I have a tear in my rectum, my potassium's low and I have mucosal changes in the colon from my Crohn's. 


He is starting some more medicine for my Crohn's symptoms but he thinks my endometriosis could be back and it's attached to my bowel wall.


I the meantime my doctor is trying to control the pain/nausea/symptoms. It looks like I'll be here until Monday at the least. He wants to get my pain and symptoms under control before I leave first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment