Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I finally have a good Gastroenterologist!

This afternoon I met my new GI & I am VERY impressed with him. He was very compassionate and listened to everything I had to say and even joked around with me by asking questions like:

"Do you smoke?"
-No sir
"Good it's bad for Crohn's. How about smoke?"
-No sir.
"Well I don't mind if you have a drink every once in a while. Obviously not now but when you're better"

Lol

He talked out with me about all the treatment options I have left and gave me a lot of hope. He said he's involved in a new clinical trial that I'm a candidate for when I'm a little older. The game plan is to start me on IV antibiotics(Flagyl/Cipro)and to gradually reduce my IV steroids. He also wants to start me on Imuran & Pentasa in combination with my other meds. 

Tomorrow he wants to do a flex sigmoidoscopy and then after that we'll do my Cimzia shot. He promised to try his hardest to get me out of the hospital by Tuesday because that's when we leave for the beach and go to Panama City for Spring Break. 

My experience at this hospital has been really good. The nurses are a lot nicer and the GI was very compassionate and determined to get me off these steroids and better for once and for all. Thank you for all the prayers! God is so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment