Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3/25-3/26

Yesterday I finally got my midline placed! It was very easy and I was awake during the procedure. It goes from my biceps to my chest so it was a long needle. The central line nurse(Yes, only one in the whole hospital) said that this is my only good vein I have left so I called her at a good time. We are now discussing getting a port.


Today I met with my GI, who is now the on call GI. He said that he's no longer worried about the colonoscopy because it's pretty evident I'm flaring & I'm not going to keep the prep down. He wants to raise my dose of IV steroids and try to get me better enough to eat regular food. He even discussed sending me to Oschner's or UAB and see if they have any advice as to how I can get off and stay off the prednisone because no medicine is working. Of course surgery is on the table but I'm trying to avoid that all costs because often times one resection leads to another resection at the place they just sewed back the intestines and it's just a cycle. All I know is I'm fed up with being in so much pain and dealing with all this nausea and being tossed from hospital to hospital because no one knows how to fix me. I'm not hopeless but I'm getting there. I just want to be able to enjoy the rest of my senior year without any more interruption from my health. Did I mention prom is like in a week and half and my cheeks look like chipmunks? Yeah. 

But anyways, enough ranting. Please pray for me, doctors and for my family to have patience, understanding, and wisdom. Thank you to everyone who has visited me in the hospital lately. Y'all are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment