Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Toxic Body Overload(at least I feel that way)

These past few weeks I've been feeling so incredibly sick. I went to the Rheumatologist last week & we talked about the Mayo Clinic(which he said was overrated) & my worsening symptoms. He was mad I was off all of my meds until January. Fast forward to these past two days and man oh man have I been living in hell.

It feels so weird saying this because it feels like it's been longer but yesterday during chapel at school I couldn't open up my jaw to sing so & I just felt like crap so I called home and mom called my GI in Birmingham for an emergency appointment(well his new office is in Gardendale but y'all know him as Birmingham) & he told us to be there at 4:00 which was almost impossible because it was already 11:30 and we still had to pack and his office is hours away from my house. So my parents figuratively threw me in the car and we sped there. I was asleep for a little bit of appointment(because inflammation is draining). He was going to admit me up there but my GI told us his reasons why he was against us going to said hospitals so he called my Rheumatologist back home and to see if he could admit me back home. To hold me over until today he gave me a Cimzia shot. He agreed so we drove BACK half way that same day/night and woke up early to meet my Rheum at his office.

He restarted all of my meds and decided I was too weak to wait to get all the papers ready to be admitted so he restarted my Cimzia with the loading dose and got me in outpatient at the infusion clinic to receive an 800! Mg pulse infusion of steroids(solumedrol). At this point I'm really weak and tired and in pain. I have another infusion tomorrow of the steroids. Ughh so tired of this so back on all my meds I go plus prednisone.

No comments:

Post a Comment