Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sunflowers in Fall

You don't cross my mind.
You live in it.

You planted your first seed at a strange time. 
It wasn't spring and it wasn't Winter
It was Fall. 
You planted your seed in the fall.
At first 
It wasn't fruitful.
But you planted yourself on good solid ground. Fertile ground. 
I resisted to water you for so long
I was such a lazy gardener but 
You won me over when you
Didn't blow away or wait until Spring
You were confident in Fall and
Nature was on your side.


Now it is Winter and you have survived this far. You are chest deep. 
Your limbs have stretched to my heart
And I think I do little to help you grow
I just don't move.
I'm just here whenever you need me.

Until Spring
In Spring everything blooms but you've already blossomed so I'll
Just keep watch over you and 
Watch you grow and possibly
Multiply inside me. 

You live in my mind. 
You always have.
And you just grow grow grow
And bloom bloom bloom

And I just watch and nourish you
Like you nourish my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment