Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Celestial Warmth

I've been wanting to write about you since the day I met you.
But no adjective in the English language could do you justice.
Some words are used so much they don't have as strong as meaning
And other words aren't strong enough
To carry the weight of you.
So I must settle.

Your lips are the edge of the universe. Thin and ethereal
The slope of the top of your lip 
Is fragile. 
The mere thought of me kissing them sends the earth out of orbit.

Your fingers resemble a pianist's
Hard. Long. 
Strong enough to carry the weight on your finger tips but you choose to only
Do good with them by carrying your gun to defend a speck on the map.

You're eyes say it all when your lips are pressed hard together;
They grieve when you're dissapointed
They sigh when you're too 
Sleepy
They don't always light up when you smile
But oh God when they do
It puts the biggest star of them all to shame.

The love you give to me makes the sun envy your power & brightness
The way you handle everything like air
Is enough to make me fall for you
Nothing I can do will ever measure up
So I'll spend all my nights gazing at you
& all my days waiting for you

You're a curious one
Sometimes you get so excited like a kid on Christmas morning 
& sometimes you're somber and disconnected
I never know what to expect with you.
I suspected you battle internally
But there's no telling with the galaxy

I can't see the craters you claim 
To have but 
Maybe that's because of the distance 
From where you are

I have a feeling You are the moon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment