Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Saturday, July 20, 2013

God is good all the time!

This is really random but I feel like God has really blessed me throughout this journey with my Crohn's Disease. I may not always know why bad things happen to me but eventually God reveals to me the meaning behind my suffering.

I'm adopted. If you know me personally this isn't a shocker. My parents adopted me at the age of 18 months after they were only married for two months. My biological mother knew she couldn't give me financially what my adoptive parents could so she made the brave decision to give me to my birth parents. Do you think it's a coincidence that I just so happen to have a diseases that requires a lot of money to maintain with expensive medications and alternative therapies? I think not. One time my mom had a revelation moment in church when she just balked because she realized God put me in their life for a reason. God IS good. All. The. Time.

In 8th grade I met Dr. S a rheumatologist because after my stay at the hospital to remove my gallbladder because I woke up with horrible joint pains after surgery. He didn't help originally but soon my joint pains went away for a few months. & I didn't need him anymore. Then I had my first real symptomatic Crohn's flare my freshman year of high school. The joint pains came back and I revisited Dr. Sc. Now we know those joint pains and that gallbladder problem were related to my Crohn's.

When I was jumping through hoops to get a DX and to find a doctor who believed me and who would actually care enough to DX me I asked God to show me a rainbow before meeting the GI that would DX me and I also asked for him to be sarcastic and just understand my personality. Literally that same day I was released from the hospital and was on my way to meet my current main GI Dr. King and I saw a rainbow. I met him at his office and we just clicked. He DX me within two months with Crohn's Disease. I literally love that man to death. He is funny and sarcastic and just an amazing man. I recommend him to everyone! He was a god send. I pray for him all the time as well as his family. He really means a lot to my family & I. Okay done gloating. He may see this and I don't want him to get a big head ;) 

I also met a Dr. last summer when I was in the hospital down here locally and couldn't make it to B-ham to see Dr. King. I saw him as a baby because I had "IBS"(now we know it was Crohn's the whole time) but he left for years and came back to my hometown coincide tally the same summer I got admitted to the hospital. He helped immensely and although we recently fired him from being my Dr. because he overstepped his boundaries by being accusative and just plain mean he did help when I needed him. God knew I needed him in my life for a set amount of time. He got him out of my path for a reason that I may not know till a latter date.

Mrs. Anderson. I had a teacher my freshman year of high school whose personality fit mine like a glove. I have never met a person who just got my sarcasm other than my family. She was going through personal struggles and God laid her on my heart to reach out and support her. Little did I know a few months later she would be supporting me more than I could fathom helping her. She was(still is)like a mother figure to me as well as a friend to me when my first Crohn's symptoms appeared. She supported me through my journey to get a DX and visited me in the hospital when I was still largely unDX. God knew I needed someone to minister me because God knows I doubted my faith many times during that period of time.

Mrs. Crutchfield was my History teacher my junior year of high school. She is just so weird and precious and I just ADORE her. I just so happened to of had her as a teacher her last year teaching at my school before moving. She is a cancer survivor and was very sensitive to my personal lacking a and failures due to but not limited to my Crohn's Disease. She inspires me to keep the good fight. She was recently DX with cancer again around the same time as my flare up of my flare up that I'm currently enduring and she just handles it with such grace and courage! She makes me realize it could be so much worse. She came into my life when I needed her most and God knew she would touch my life in a way no other person has.

I mostly posted this for me to realize just a few of many people God has blessed me with. Goodnight y'all and I hope you have a great day at church tomorrow. 

Peace & love
-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment