Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Break is Over

Tomorrow is another Monday as far as I'm concerned unfortunately. It was one of the best Spring Break's ever though! Last spring break I had to get a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy and we all know how fun that is! As far as my health goes it's been pretty calm other than a few mishaps. I've been craving sugar like there is no tomorrow and I decided to kind of lay off the 'not important meds' which I have found are quite important contrary to my personal belief.

For the first part of spring break we(my family) got a condo at Orange Beach and I had a few of my friends over every night. The beach was beautiful, the condo was very beach chic, and I had a lot of fun, It felt good to let my hair down after having constant tests and reading To Kill a Mockingbird in less than three weeks. I Some friendships were made stronger than ever! I got a Michael Kors wristlet that holds my cards & phone and I got a cute bathing suit that I wanted! It's in my pictures below; it's the one with buttons. I thought it was high wasted but it wasn't-it's still cute though. I really enjoyed myself & I hope to squeeze some time in and do it again this summer. It feels like I've missed out on my entire high school experience because of my health so I'm trying to makeup for lost time. I did get my senior portraits done though over spring break! I'll post them later when they're all done.

On the way back from the beach we realized we had a Crohn's & Colitis Support Group Meeting that night so we went to that since we have skipped a few. I talked to Harry and asked him how he liked my GI doctor and he said he was awesome! I'm telling you guys my GI doctor is phenomenal! Just don't tell him that because it'll all go to his head :) My mom was talking about at the support group meeting about her worries for me at college. Most moms are scared about their kid becoming an alcoholic but not mine!
Mom: I'm always worried about Elizabeth's future. During spring break I kept asking her if she took her meds and that made me realize: Who's going to pick up her medicine from the pharmacy in college? Who's going to drive her to the hospital? Who's going to check on her? I also don't want something that I did to affect her future. When her time comes to have children what if she can't? What if it's because of the choices I made regarding her medicine? I'm letting her now make some decisions regarding her health. She's all for it but I'm not sure.

Can we just give my mom a hand for all she's done for me regarding my health, especially? It's funny but it's also the sad truth. When you have a chronic illness it's not always about the here and now. Every choice you make regarding your health will affect your future in a very serious way.

I won't bore you with all the other events in my life that's going on. Just pray I get accepted into all these summer medical programs please and especially the RMH Youth Leadership Board. I'm considering asking some of my GI doctors if I can be their slave and hopefully observe when they are doing their rounds at the hospital or their office. I really would love that but I don't know if that's asking too much? Or if they are like stand offish when it comes to their job? I don't know I just have a lot of thoughts running in my mind.


























No comments:

Post a Comment