Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Angry Elizabeth.

After years of being on crazy meds, I need to write a book on all the side effects of the medicines the doctor's don't tell you about. It needs to be known however rare or common. Doctor's don't tell you that when you're on 60 mg of steroids the depression you get at 6:00 in the morning is so bad that you just want to kill yourself because you feel useless to society. And they also don't tell you about the mania at 3 AM that makes you want to clean the whole house. What about the drug withdrawals when tapering steroids after being off and on for 4 years? If you haven't already told. My GI doctor gave me the heads up for tapering steroids and I also might start Imuran. He has to get permission from my Rheumatologist first. I'm tapering Entocort and Prednisone. I take my last dose of prednisone June 27. Praise The Lord.

This is a sorry excuse for a medical update but I'm so tired from tapering and makeup work. As always, follow the Queen of Crohn's FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment