Crohn's Disease: Taking it one moment at a time

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 1 & 2 of SB2K14

Well Day 1 of Spring Break just consisted of us driving to our destination(Panama City). Dad took his jeep and pulled the jet ski in the back; my mom road with him. My two friends rode with me in my car so we could have an extra car in case we wanted to go somewhere by ourselves(which has already proved helpful). We left around 4 and got to the condo around 8:30/9:00. It was the longest drive I've ever done "alone" and it was especially hard considering I just got out of the hospital but it was so fun! The girls kept me up :) We made a few pit stops on the way too! 



Day 2:
That was today y'all. We had a blast! We woke up around 9 and ate what breakfast we had because dad still had to go to the store. I ate banana but bread that we got from Burris Market. It was really good! Easy on the tummy in substitution of the dry cereal I normally eat in the AM. Then we went to the beach! It was 50 degrees but that didn't stop us from soaking up the sun and my friends getting sunburnt. I don't burn usually. I do have to still put on lots of sunscreen because of the medicine in on-I'm not supposed to be out in the sun too long(I'm breaking that rule this week obviously).

Then after the beach we went to get something for lunch inside then headed back out again.

For dinner we took my car to eat at Margaritaville and "shop". The shopping was short lived after I ate Marble Slab. Yeah apparently lactose intolerant Crohn's Disease patients don't do well with cake batter cookie dough fudge ICE CREAM. Who knew right? *looks down at feet in shame*. Oh well. It was worth it.





What should have been a 7 minute drive turned into an almost 20 minute drive back to the condo. It took 3 girls, 2 iPhones, 1 android & 1 GPS to finally find our way back but we did! We decided to crash around 7:45. We're not your typical teens lol.


So now the lights are off. Everyone is in bed. I should be too. Dang insomnia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment